The thought that some unwelcome intestinal worms are living and thriving in your body must be very creepy and unbearable. Once in a while, we get exposed to unclean food, unwashed fruits, or even greeting dirty hands. These can be some of the methods of transfer of intestinal worm-eggs to your body. Some symptoms of presence of intestinal worms in you include:
- Sensitive reactions to foods
- Eczema or psoriasis
- Distended stomach
- Rectal itching (repeatedly random or at night)
- Night cough (repeated)
- Gas and bloating
- Floaters or spots in the eye
- Lowered immune system, among others.
Intestinal worm remedies:
Coconut and Oil:
This method is the most effective home based cure to treat intestinal worms. You can chew freshly ground coconut flesh and also take a tablespoon of cold-pressed coconut oil in the morning and evening for 3 days. Thanks to the natural saturated fats in coconut oil, it has been known to be also effective against giardia which causes giardiasis.
According to Maryland Medical Center and Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical medicine, papaya seeds are great for getting rid of intestinal parasites. Caricin which is effective in eliminating roundworms is present in ample quantity in papaya seeds. Make a powder out of the dried seeds and incorporate into your juices and smoothies or you can just eat them as they are.
Bamboo leaves are effective at killing threadworms. Make a decoction using bamboo leaves with a bit of turmeric and drink on a regular basis.
- Handful of bamboo leaves or powder from teabag
- 1/2 tsp papaya seed powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 cups of water
- Add water to a pot
- Add bamboo and turmeric
- Gently heat
- Add papaya seed powder
- Bring to a boil
- Sip as tea
- Or let cool and drink as water
- After sipping, directly consume the coconut oil
- Gradually drink a lot of water in a paced-out manner to help flush out the dead worms