Acne is simply caused by bacteria and or an imbalance of hormones. Some drug interactions may also cause the growth of acne. Other causes might be poor dietary choices that choke up our internal systems. A fact to note is that the simplest cures for acne are found in the bountiful gifts of mother nature.
Two of us here have tried so many remedies for healing acne but these purported solutions never seemed to work.
We experimented with a simple recipe using ingredients commonly found in our kitchen shelves. The experiment was conducted over a course of 1 week and the results were outstanding. Swelling had reduced by day two and by day 5 the skin had cleared up by 80%. Keep in mind the infestation of acne was all over the face. Once the acne healed, the regimen was only repeated once a week and this has managed to keep acne to a bare minimum.
Try this recipe out:
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (organic locally grown turmeric from Daillies)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil (can substitute honey)
- Mix all ingredients and apply to face.
- Leave for minimum 30 minutes
- Rinse out completely using warm water and a very mild soap
- Use a toner (optional)
- Moisturize with coconut oil.
Repeat this at least 3 times a week or everyday if you want speedy results.
Why it works:
- Turmeric has very many benefits which you can learn about more from this article we previously wrote
- Coconut oil also has several benefits which we previously captured in this post.
- Honey is a humectant and helps trap moisture. It also has similar healing properties to coconut oil and turmeric.
- Honey is completely optional, that is if you are allergic or find it expensive.
** A point to note: always choose organic and locally produced turmeric powder. Some companies are known to add food colors, and other unnatural additives to turmeric powder. That is why in our experiments we used Daillies Organics which is locally produced in Kenya.