Native to Moluccas Island and also to Java and Penang in Indonesia and Malaysia, the exotic fruit, nutmeg, has been used for years because of its diverse applications and properties.
When the fruit’s seeds are steam-distilled, aromatic and zesty nutmeg essential oil is produced. The oil is widely known for its use in varied practices, ranging from Ayurveda to culinary.
Channel the powerful properties of this exotic and fragrant oil as listed below.
- Sit back and relax with this soothing, massage oil– Nutmeg oil promotes blood circulation. Because of increasing circulation, it soothes and helps relieve muscle pain. Yes, we do have nutmeg oil in our creative Lheritier 1789 massage oils. So stay tuned for the launch of our products.
- Alleviate bad breath with one of nature’s oral debriding agents– Nutmeg oil, when used as a gargle, reduces bad breath! Swish daily with a few drops.
- Lay your body to rest with nutmeg as your sleeping aid– Nutmeg oil has a very calming effect. As mentioned earlier, it improves blood circulation, thereby helping relieve stress and improving quality of sleep.
- Liven up your living space with its zest – Use it as the base oil in any potpourri placed in your living space. You’ll be sure to notice the freshness.
- Last, but certainly not least, flavor your foods with aromatic nutmeg – Instead of using ground nutmeg, which often leaves particles in drinks and food, flavor your drinks and food with nutmeg oil. Be sure to use the oil in moderation.
Did you know that crushed whole nutmeg (kukumanga) with a shot of espresso is an aphrodisiac? At least that’s what the spice dealer in Mombasa told me 🙂