Here is a quick healthy white bread recipe that you can make at home especially on that rainy morning.
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups bread flour
- So, it will take you 20 mins to prep using these steps.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Who said wheat is bad? it depends on your blood type. For Type O’s like me, it makes us slow and sluggish but some blood types can eat all the wheat in the world and never get fat nor sluggish. Be careful about store bought bread because they are laden with weird chemicals as preservatives. We did an experiment and one bread made by a Kenyan company took nearly 2 months before it grew mold. What does that tell you?
Enjoy your bread and, if you need it to be yellow, how about you add quarter teaspoon of Turmeric to the flour before mixing with everything else.