There are many varieties of mushrooms and this delicacy is a definite yes to add to your healthy diet. This amazing food will definitely shake up your daily meal routine. Here are the benefits for this beautiful super food
- Helps in achieving weight loss.
This fungus is full of nutrients but with lesser calories and fat content. This is due to its high fiber content that increases satiety. This characteristic helps control unhealthy cravings as it reduces appetite.
- Vitamin rich food
This plant source has lots of vitamins that are beneficial for the overall well-being of your body. It has vitamin D that helps in developing and keeping bones healthy and strong. It has vitamins B1, B2, B3,B5, and vitamin H. These potent nutrients are essential for: the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, keeping the digestive system in good shape, promoting healthy metabolic rates of the body, and the forming of blood cells.
- Reduces unhealthy cholesterol and supports cardiovascular health
Due to the richness in non-starch polysaccharides and dietary fiber, mushrooms help clean out excess cholesterol from the blood vessels around the heart and the body.
- Rich in antioxidants
It has both Ergothlonenle and Selenium (both antioxidants) which helps the body fight chronic diseases caused by oxidative stress from free radicals. Due to this property mushrooms can boost the immune system.
Tips on how to enjoy mushrooms;
- Perfect meat substitute: Sautee it with vegetables for a hearty filling vegan meal.
- Sautee and top it up on your steak or chicken
- Sautee with lemon and salt for a perfect filling addition to your breakfast
- Toss in onions, cream, and red wine to bring out a perfectly tasting garnish for your rice dishes.
Fun fact: Some forest mushrooms can be hallucinogens, we don’t know whether this is good or bad.